Community Living Dryden-Sioux Lookout
280 Arthur Street
Please include a return address for mailed donations as we will send you a charitable receipt.
For more information please contact Shauna Spalding, Director of Finance and Assets at email@example.com
Person Centered Planning and Thinking
Person Centred Planning and Thinking is a set of values, skills and tools we use to get to know someone and discover what they find important and what they want out of life. It ensures that we focus on what matters to the people we support and their family, and that we pay attention to staff as well. By working in this way we can make sure that people are truly listened to and are kept at the heart of all decision-making and how our service is commissioned, provided and organized. Being a person-centered organization is our ongoing priority at the heart of our personalized journey. (Person-Centred Thinking Best Practice). This includes:
- Yearly PCP (Person Centred Plan) Updates – live document, updated continuously
- 3 Year Facilitated PCP
POMS (Personal Outcomes Management System)
- Health and Wellness – Any goal whose primary function is to enhance physical health (e.g. exercising, better eating)
- Community Presence and Participation – A goal whose primary function is to increase or maintain an individual’s community involvement (e.g. volunteer jobs, recreational activities, travel for leisure purposes, places, groups, membership, customer, etc.)
- Independence, Choice and Control – A goal whose primary function is to assist an individual to have greater control over their lives (e.g. expressions of individuality, increasing choices, appreciating risks, decision making)
- Relationships – The primary function of this goal is to broaden, maintain or strengthen a relationship with family, a peer, friend or an unpaid support.
- Learning – A goal whose primary function is to assist an individual to increase their knowledge, but is not necessarily related to increased independence (e.g. exploring interest, trying something new, becoming more proficient at something)
The Personal Outcomes Management System includes:
For more information, please contact Kate Wickstrom, Manager of Quality Assurance at firstname.lastname@example.org.